Careers at VMC Fort Mill
About Our Practice
Our practice is AAHA accredited, Cat Friendly Certified, and fully embraces Fear Free! Better yet we are 100% privately owned. We are on the forefront of the Fear Free movement, and we are the first and only Fear Free Certified Practice in South Carolina! VMC founder, Dr. Julie Reck, speaks nationally about successful implementation of Fear Free in general practice, leadership development, and building staff engagement. VMC has all the technology bells and whistles, but more importantly we have an AMAZING staff and a well structured management/leadership system.
Education is at the core of our culture. We invest in many opportunities for our staff to grow and develop both personally and professionally. We host educational seminars for our clients that focus on pet care topics which permits our doctors to focus on the medicine in the exam room. In 2019, we will be opening our adjacent building as an educational center allowing us to host training and socialization classes.
Career Opportunities at VMC
If you strive to be part of a practice that emphasizes the well being and personal development of team members and you desire to make a difference in the lives of pets, pet parents, and members of the veterinary profession we would like to talk to you! Help us on our revolutionary aspiration to prove that veterinary medicine can be a place where we love our work, enjoy financial success, and always learn and develop into better people and professionals.
What You’ll Do:
- We are looking for someone who can grow with the practice. You will be involved in everything from providing care for our clients and their pets, to contributing your thoughts on the hospital’s business strategy.
- We believe that doctors hold an innate leadership role in the veterinary practice setting, and we will provide you extensive support and mentorship to allow you to achieve your highest levels of success.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your professional interests with one-on-one mentorship in areas such as surgery, dentistry, and internal medicine.
Who We Want:
- We are seeking a licensed veterinarian who is skilled in preventative medicine, internal medicine, and dentistry. Surgical skills would be a plus but not required. Our founder, Dr. Julie Reck, has extensive surgical experience and truly enjoys coaching associates to enhance their surgical skills.
- This job is not only about having technical skill, but also about having the right attitude, a desire to teach and learn, and a passion for positively contributing to our practice and the profession.
- There is no typical day. We are built to make a difference for the clients who trust us with their pets and that means we must be responsive to their needs.
- We are looking for the person in this position to be a role model, who is ethical, positive, and accountable for their own actions, and serves to improve the skills and abilities of those around them.
We have the flexibility to consider a variety of options including part time or full time hours for the ideal associate. We offer an array of benefits including excellent group health insurance, 401K with match, and paid time off. In addition, we are committed to the growth and development of our employees; we encourage and reimburse continuing education opportunities.
We are fortunate to be in Fort Mill, SC, a beautiful suburb of Charlotte, NC. Read about Fort Mill being one of the fastest growing cities in the country due to its amazing public schools, LOW cost of living, and easy commute to uptown Charlotte (Article Here).
We are located in a large free standing building on the most visible, busy street in town making us accessible and convenient for pet parents seeking veterinary care. We encourage you to browse our online reputation on Google, Facebook, and Yelp.
Want to be a part of the FIRST and ONLY Fear Free Certified Practice in South Carolina? Are you seeking an environment that supports personal and professional growth and development?
You will be joining a truly amazing team of technicians, veterinarians, and receptionists. We are so dedicated to our employee development and positive culture that we close every week for 90 minutes to allow dedicated meeting and learning time. We have created a fun, united atmosphere and are looking for a motivated and capable new team member. We offer our employees EXCELLENT compensation and generous benefits to include 401k with match, continuing education allowance, wonderful GROUP health insurance, paid time off and personal pet veterinary care benefits. We are open 7 days a week but have a very balanced schedule that our current staff loves. Our technicians work only 1 weekend per month.
Veterinary Medical Center of Fort Mill has an opening for a full time or part time licensed/experienced vet tech to join our team. We are a busy, state of the art animal hospital. We have 4 doctors that deliver high quality medical care to our patients/pets ranging from advanced orthopedic surgical/dental procedures to internal medicine work ups. The hospital is fully equipped (digital xray, digital dental xray, brand new Idexx labratory in house, paperless records, ultrasound, and full soft tissue/orthopedic surgical suite).
Veterinary Medical Center of Fort Mill is currently seeking a Veterinary Receptionist to join our staff. We are seeking a receptionist who is a skilled communicator and enjoys engaging with clients and peers to provide the best client and patient care available. The Veterinary Receptionist will be the first point of contact for our customers. This position will be responsible for all office duties and must have an outgoing and can-do attitude! 1 – 2 years of experience in a veterinary hospital is highly recommended.
You will be joining an amazing team of technicians, doctors, and receptionists. We have created a fun, united atmosphere and are looking for a motivated and capable new team member. We offer our employees EXCELLENT compensation and generous benefits to include 401k with match. We are a busy, state of the art animal hospital. We have 4 doctors that deliver high quality medical care to our patients ranging from advanced orthopedic surgical/dental procedures to internal medicine work ups. The hospital is fully equipped (digital xray, digital dental xray, brand new Idexx laboratory in house, paperless records, ultrasound, and full soft tissue/orthopedic surgical suite).